- 1 1/2 pounds flank steak
- 1/2 cup light Italian salad dressing
- 1 1/2 cups tomato basil pasta sauce
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1/4 cup Chianti red wine
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Rinse steak under cold water and pat dry with paper towels. Place in large resealable bag. Add salad dressing, 1/2 cup pasta sauce, and garlic to bag. Gently massage to mix marinade. Marinate in refrigerator for 1 to 8 hours.
- In a small saucepan combine remaining pasta sauce, wine, and seasoning. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat and keep warm.
- Remove steak from refrigerator 30 minutes before cooking and bring to room temperature. Preheat grill to medium-high. Just before cooking, clean and oil grate.
- Remove steak from bag and discard marinade. Place steak on grill. Cook for 6 to 7 minutes per side. Serve hot with warm sauce.