- 1 pound gemelli, or other short pasta
- 2 tablespoons grainy mustard
- 2 tablespoons white-wine or sherry vinegar
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 sweet onion, halved lengthwise, then cut crosswise 1/4 inch thick
- 2 small zucchinis, halved lengthwise, then cut crosswise 1/4 inch thick
- 8 ounces snap peas, tough strings removed
- 3 ounces baby spinach, (or 1 bunch regular spinach, stems trimmed and leaves coarsely chopped)
- 1 small bunch scallions, thinly sliced (about 1/2 cup)
- 1/4 cup packed fresh basil leaves, cut into very thin strips
- 1. In a medium bowl whisk together mustard and vinegar. While whisking, slowly drizzle in 1/4 cup oil until emulsified. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside. Cook pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water until al dente according to package instructions, about 8 minutes. Drain; return to pot. Set aside.
- 2. Meanwhile, heat remaining 2 tablespoons oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion; cook until just softened, about 4 minutes. Add zucchini; cook, stirring, until tender, about 4 minutes. Add snap peas and spinach; cook, stirring, until bright green, about 2 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in scallions and basil. Add to pasta along with vinaigrette; toss. Serve warm or at room temperature.