This chili is so popular at the City Market, Onion River Co-op that it is served in the deli every day of the week. Many farms in Vermont grow dried beans, which you can easily substitute for the canned beans in this recipe; you will need 1 1/2 cups cooked kidney beans and 2 1/2…
Day: May 10, 2018
over 4 years ago j. I’ll definitely try this – it’s a bit different from the hoppin’ john recipe I’ve made for years. I usually add a couple tablespoonfuls of tamari to the sauteed onions step, plus, if I’m feeling fancy, some liquid smoke. Nancy – not sure when you posted your comment, so you…
If you find it too thick, add more milk, a little at a time. Stir gently and serve it in small bowls.
- – 10 tablespoons rolled oats
- – 2 and ½ cups rice milk (or any non-dairy milk)
- – 6 teaspoons maple syrup
- – 4 teaspoons almond butter
- – ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- – 1 vanilla bean, split and seeded
- – pinch of salt
- In a small pan over medium heat start cooking rolled oats with the rice milk. When milk is almost absorbed and oats are fluffy (5-6 minutes), add maple syrup, cinnamon, salt and vanilla. After 2 minutes stir in the almond butter. Cook for another 5 minutes until it gets creamy.