This image courtesy of Shutterstock
If you don’t have a deviled egg serving platter, cut very thin slices off of the bottoms so that the eggs stay put.
Makes:12 deviled eggs
Total Timeunder 30 minutes
Make Ahead RecipeYes
OccasionBuffet, Cocktail Party
Recipe Coursehors d’oeuvre
Dietary Considerationhealthy, low carb, low-fat, soy free, tree nut free
Taste and Texturecreamy, savory, spiced
Type of Dishcanape/crostini
- 6 hard-boiled eggs
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons lowfat sour cream
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat mayonnaise
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- ¼ teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 tablespoon sweet pickle relish
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Paprika for garnish
1) Peel the eggs . Cut them in half lengthwise and remove the yolks. Put one yolk in a food processor fitted with a steel blade and discard the rest.
2) Add all remaining ingredients except the paprika to the processor bowl. Pulse until the mixture is well blended but not pureed (over-processing will make the filling runny). Scrape down the sides twice during processing.
3) To fill the eggs, use a teaspoon or a pastry bag fitted with a large decorative tip. Garnish with paprika.
1997 Terry Blonder Golson
YOUR RECENTLY VIEWED RECIPES
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Thank you for signing up!
We were unable to sign you up – please try again.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.