- 2 cups wheat berries
- 2 cups fresh peas, shelled
- 1 cup fava beans, shelled
- 8 baby turnips, thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 cups pea shoots
- 2 cups assorted micro greens or salad greens
- 3/4 cup fresh chervil
- 3/4 cup fresh mint leaves
- Juice and zest of 1 lemon
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1. Place wheat berries in a large bowl; add 7 to 8 cups water. Let wheat berries soak overnight; drain.
- 2. In a large pot, bring 7 cups water to a boil over high heat. Add soaked wheat berries and reduce heat to a simmer. Cook until wheat berries are plump, about 55 minutes. Drain and cool.
- 3. Bring a medium pot of water to a boil. Prepare an ice-water bath; set aside. Add peas to boiling water and cook until crisp-tender, about 3 minutes. Transfer to ice-water bath to cool. Remove from water bath and set aside.
- 4. Add fava beans to boiling water and cook until crisp-tender, about 1 minute. Transfer to ice-water bath to cool; drain. Peel fava beans and set aside.
- 5. In a large bowl, toss together wheat berries, peas, fava beans, turnips, pea shoots, greens, chervil, mint, and lemon zest. Drizzle with lemon juice and olive oil; season with salt and pepper. Toss to combine.